Thursday, February 22, 2018

Winter Olympics update, things certainly have changed

My how things have changed since Saturday.  I wrote then that there just was not enough winning for team USA in these Winter Olympics.  At the time USA had 9 medals.  And not much changed Sunday - Tuesday.  But oh my what happened Wednesday.  Counting the early morning silver medal today by Mikaela Shiffrin, Team USA won 8 medals in the last 24 hours.  Think about that, that's almost the same number of medals in one day as they team managed in the 9 days that had passed when I wrote.

The highlight yesterday of course has to be the big USA victory over Canada in Women's Hockey.

So a lot of what I've written I still stand by.  While Team USA has now improved to 21 medals, more than I predicted they would finish with, they are still looking up overall at Canada, Germany and Norway, who still has 15 medals more than Team USA.

Today I don't want to focus on what USA has left on the table, because it's quite a bit, but rather a stunning day where Team USA gave their best, and left all of us with an incredible 24 hours to remember.  Here is what the team has won with almost 4 days of competition left:

United States Medal Count

#Country/Region
Total
4
United States
87621

Winners

Events
Athletes
Date

No comments:

Post a Comment